- 01 ice hotel
- 225 Gulf Islands
- 20 Fairmont Hotels cross country
A luxury yacht cruising the Canadian Gulf Islands or cowboy cabin in the woods of Alberta, where will you sleep tonight? Welcome to a world of wonderful accommodation choices. Try bed and breakfast with a difference, in a First Nations tipi. Soak up luxury and mineral springs at the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel or head into the great outdoors for a once-in-a-lifetime stay at the Québec City Ice hotel.
- Visit Banff/Lake Louise and sleep in heritage splendour within a UNESCO World Heritage Site at the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel.
- Find luxury in the Rocky Mountains, sleep after a day enjoying the outdoors on the golf course or swishing through perfect powder in ski season at the award-winning Falcon Crest Lodge.
- Cruise one of North America's wildest coastlines aboard the Pacific Yellowfin, a luxury expedition yacht, see humpback and killer whales, bears, sea lions and seals on an eco-tour cruising through the Great Bear Rainforest.
- A holiday where you hope for bad weather? Welcome to the unique pleasures of storm watching as the waves pound the shores of Vancouver Island at Tofino's Wickaninnish Inn.
- Enter a world of towering trees, deep fjords and snowcapped mountains in search of the Spirit Bears in the Great Bear Rainforest. Learn from your First Nations Kitasoo and Xai’xais hosts. Sleep soundly in your cosy bed at the traditional lodge.
- Witness the sockeye salmon life-cycle begin and end. Immerse yourself in First Nations Aboriginal culture. Savour wine pairings with artisan cheese, meat and, of course, fish. Sleep at the luxurious Podollan Inn and Spa [SEC - Salmon ‘n Wine Discovery – MJO Tours and Podollan Inn and Spa].
- Discover a unique experience when east meets west at the Echo Valley Valley Ranch and Spa, a glorious collaboration between a traditional western ranch and luxury Thai spa.
- Leave the congestion of the city in favour of Algonquin Provincial Park. Tour the backcountry trails on a mountain bike and taste beer at a craft brewery. Chill in a rustic lodge.
- Discover the wilds of Ontario by floatplane from Elmhirst’s Resort [SEC - Free Spirit Air Adventures - Elmhirst Resort (Keene) Ltd]. Land on a remote lake, touch down on Georgian Bay for a fresh fish lunch, skim into Sandbanks Provincial Park to climb the sand dunes.
- Paddle remote lakes. Hike backcountry trails. Savour traditional, campfire fare. Howl out to wolves. Rejuvenate in a rustic, log cabin in Algonquin park. Spot beaver, Great Blue herons and moose.
- Join fellow foodies for a field-to-table meal that you pick and prepare with the guidance of chef and food writer. Savour the fresh flavours by Lake Ontario. Sample some of the county’s best wines at the Huff Estate winery. Enjoy a day spent indulging in the finer things in life.
- Make a voyage of discovery into Ontario's northern frontier and try a back-to-basics break with a few extra 'basics' in the Canadian Boreal Forest. Sleep snug in luxury glamping accommodation [SEC - Glamping in the Canadian Boreal Forest – WildExodus Adventures]. Interact with nature and learn about local heritage.
- Explore the remote tundra of Northern Quebec on an air safari, spot icebergs and polar bear. Before you sleep in your cabin of hand-hewn timber take time to watch the skies shimmering red, green and yellow as the Northern Lights dance.
- Sip a cocktail from a glass made of ice, gasp at intricately engraved ice walls and furniture in magically-themed suites. Warm up in a hot tub then slide into a thermal sleeping bag and sleep in a fantastical igloo.
- Hike and bike amid a sea of mountains, relax in a spa with a view, dine on gourmet Quebec cuisine in the luxury wilderness of the Chic-Chocs Mountain Lodge.
- Discover First Nations culture and cuisine at the cosy boutique Hôtel-Musée Premières Nations. Sample home-smoked game and traditionally-prepared fish. Share in the ancient rituals of the Huron-Wendat people.
- Saddle up and get ready to ride the range on a cowboy getaway overlooking the rolling prairies of the Sakatchewan River Valley. Bed down in a Western-style log cabin [SEC - The Prairies beyond Your Expectations - La Reata Ranch]
- Out in Prince Albert National Park [SEC - Take a Ride on the Wild Side – Sturgeon River Ranch] you'll discover a place where work and play combine into one exciting adventure. Help out on a cattle drive. Sleep soundly in a lakefront yurt.
- Descending in a Cessna 185 float plane accompanied by your guide into a fragile, protected eco-system along the shores of one of Canada’s largest lakes to discover the highest sand dunes in North America [SEC - Build Castles in the Sand of Monumental Dunes – Churchill River Canoe Outfitters].
- Channel your inner cowboy at the historic Reesor Ranch B&B in the Cypress Hills. Trot along the same trails that whisper the legends of First Nations and pioneer settlers. Sleep in a rustic lodge with all the creature comforts a cowboy needs.
- Layer up and sleep in the winter wonderland of the Quebec ice hotel or find a summer paradise sleeping in a tent in the flower meadows of the prairies. Sink into luxury hotels no matter what the weather.
- Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada’s Canadian Climate Normals Website.
- Escape the heat of the summertime city from June to August with a lakeside retreat.
- Light a fire in winter and snuggle by the flames as you watch the waves crash on the nearby shore from November till March.
- Indulge with an April spring fling in a stylish city boutique hotel getaway.
- Marvel at September and October’s fall foliage colours, stay in the heart of the forest in a log cabin.
- Make sure you're up to speed on customs and duty free.
- Tipping is common in Canada. Aim for around 15% if you're happy with the service you receive. Find out more. If you hear shopkeepers asking for a "loonie' they mean a dollar. The two dollar coin is called a "toonie".
- We're a big country! There are six time zones across Canada and some provinces even have two zones within their borders.