- 04th generation lobster fisherman
- 12 per group for personable attention
- 01 pound lobster for you to eat
Captain Mark knows where to catch the world’s finest lobster—off the coast of Canada’s Prince Edward Island (PE)—and he wants to let you in on the tricks of his trade. Join a lobster fishing excursion with his Top Notch Lobster tours and soon you’ll be driving the boat, spotting the trap buoys, and pulling in the lobsters for measuring. Then you’ll drop anchor in a scenic cove to feast on fresh lobster.
Mark comes from a long line of lobster fishermen, and loves sharing the experience—including teaching about habitat, science, biology, and fishery conservation measures— with people who’ve previously only seen lobster on a plate. This family-friendly experience allows you to view the famed red cliffs of PEI’s coastline while learning about the red crustaceans that make the island the dream destination for lobster lovers.
• Enjoy a true "island supper" aboard the boat while looking back at the island.
• Meal includes a 1-lb lobster (hot, or cold--the island way), coleslaw, potato salad, a roll, and a non-alcoholic beverage. Wine and beer is available.
• Learn why lobsters are so important to PEI's economy and way of life.
• See one of the world's most unusual red seashores from the water.
• Discover how modern technology like the GPS and sonar help make lobstering more efficient and safe.
• Charlottetown generally has warm, pleasant summer weather. But it is a maritime location, so weather can change quickly and rain or wind are possible. It's a good idea to have a light jacket.
• Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada's Canadian Climate Website.
• There are three daily excursions during the July-August season.
• The morning tour does not include a meal. The afternoon and evening tours both include meals.
• Chicken can be substituted for lobster, but must be requested at time of booking.
• July and August
• Safety first: the fishing boat is licensed by Transport Canada and the dining portion is inspected by the local health department.
• Family friendly activity.
• The boat includes plenty of shaded area for sunny days, with a washroom on board.
• The boat is licensed for alcohol and is smoke-free.