- 100% organic
- 21 unique wines sampled
- 17 nearby golf courses
Embrace silence inside, sip gold-medal winning organic wines and dine on organic BC cuisine in a lakefront bistro. Open your mind to ancient ideas used in new ways. Walk up a flight of stairs into the candle-lit interior of a geometrically precise pyramid modelled after the Great Pyramids of Egypt. Built with no electricity or ferrous metals and aligned to the True North, the Summerhill Pyramid is the winery’s tribute to the past. Head to the tasting bar to savour the award-winning varietals produced at one of the world’s most unique wineries. Arrange a table in the Valley’s only organic bistro amid views of shining Lake Okanagan, surrounded by mountains and tidy vineyard rows.
Why you should visit
- Taste organic wines aged and finished in a geometrically precise pyramid.
- Learn about organic viticulture and winemaking on a winery tour.
- Find out how the Summerhill Pyramid enhances the traditional French method of aging and finishing sparkling wines in a cool, dark place.
- Benefit from an expertly guided taste tour.
- Dine on local organic produce, herbs, free-range meats, and BC fish and seafood.
- Savour stunning views of the vineyards and mountains around Okanagan Lake.
- Kelowna enjoys four full seasons and is known to have of the most temperate climates in Canada.
- Summer (June to September) sees warm and dry weather, with increased precipitation in the spring and fall and snowfall during winter (December to March).
- Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada's Canadian Climate Website.
When to go
- Tours and tastings May to mid-October.
- Wine Shop, year-round. Sunset Bistro, year-round, except Jan 2 to Feb 10.
- Okanagan weather offers long, hot summers and short, mild winters.
- Featured in Okanagan Wine Festivals.
Need to know
- Children and infants are welcome to join in on tours and tastings and will be offered organic sparkling apple juice, as an alternative to wine.
- Designated driver taxi services are available, as well as shuttles on multiple winery tours.
- Remember to leave room in your suitcase for the bottles you buy to bring home.
- Bring a sweater; the pyramid can be chilly.
- On long weekends, book ahead of time.