- 04 star boutique hotel
- 455 million year old canyons just outside your doorstep
- 15 minutes from Québec City
This isn’t just a hotel; it’s an invitation to explore the Huron-Wendat culture. From the moment you enter the longhouse-inspired hotel, you’ll feel the spirit of the people. A striking mix of traditional and contemporary design, the hotel’s architecture makes a stunning impression on arrival.
Partake in an age-old tradition of hospitality at La Traite Restaurant when you dine on gourmet cuisine inspired by the flavours of the northern forest. Watch the explosions of pageantry at a summer pow-wow. Canoe the Kabir Kouba River or explore the falls and canyon that date back 455 million years. Gain a perspective that can only come through immersion and come to understand the depth of passion required to sustain a culture.
- Gain insight of the history and culture of the local people through the Huron Wendat museum.
- Explore the authentic reconstruction of a Quebec Indian village at the Traditional Huron Onhoua Cheteke site nearby.
- Take a hike or bike experience and stop to learn about the decorative beds erected alongside the Corridor des Cheminots representing each of the eight nation clans.
- Make your own bannock and sample First Nations gourmet food at the hotel's well-appointed restaurant.
- Explore the craft shops that surround the area.
- Stay in a room decorated with First Nations art both traditional and modern.
- You can expect winter temperatures ranging from -18°C to 3°C over the winter months (December through February). Things begin to warm up in Spring (March through May) and by summer (June through September) you can expect temperatures as high as 25°C. Fall is also a great time to visit with moderate temperatures and fantastic autumn foliage.
- Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada's Canadian Climate Website.
- Book local tours in advance to avoid disappointment, some require a set number of participants to be carried out.
- Activities change with the seasons so be sure to ask when booking if there is something you are particularly interested in doing.
- The spa offers access to children for certain treatments and on certain days.
- The museum is open 7 days a week and free to guests of the hotel.
- The closest international airport is the Québec City International Airport (YQB).
- VIA Rail offers train service into Québec City.
- There is a free shuttle service to and from the hotel from June – October departing from Centre Infotouriste de Québec. It operates on a first come, first serve basis.
- Public transportation from downtown Québec City is possible but it will take well over an hour and requires a 20-25 minute walk from the final stop.
- By car the hotel is about a 15 minute drive from the city and taxis are available to do the trip.