- 50 floatplanes
- 30 years of service
- 01 daily mail-run
The world’s largest all-seaplane airline awaits you in Vancouver—ready to take off on an airborne tour of coastal British Columbia. Fly right out of Vancouver’s downtown core, over Stanley Park and across the sparkling Strait of Georgia. Today, you will get up-close-and-personal with authentic west coast life as you island-hop aboard an aero mail-run through BC's Southern Gulf Islands.
Spot whales from 3,000m in the sky; snap aerial photographs of Gulf Islands National Park Reserve. See first-hand the secluded communities that still rely on seaplanes for their daily mail; enjoy easy day trips to-and-from Vancouver Island with a carbon-neutral airline. Welcome aboard Harbour Air Seaplanes' Mail Run—true west coast culture revealed.
- Immerse in authentic coastal life as your seaplane hops from port-to-port throughout BC's Gulf Islands—delivering and receiving mail all the way.
- Feel a rush of exhilaration with every waterborne take-off and landing aboard a safe-and-proven DeHavilland Beaver or DHC-3 Turbine Single Otter seaplane.
- See Vancouver’s urban skyline, Stanley Park and Lion’s Gate Bridge from a high-flying perspective.
- Snap photographs of picturesque Victoria and the Strait of Juan de Fuca from 3,000 m in the sky.
- Spot migrating whales, soaring eagles and sea lion rookeries within the marine ecosystems of the Strait of Georgia.
- Mail Run tours are different every time—delivery schedules and routes vary as needed.
- Enjoy easy day-trips from Vancouver to Victoria; seaplanes provide not only the quickest passage, but the most spectacular one.
- Vancouver and Victoria have year-round temperate climates.
- Summer (June to September) sees warm and dry weather, with cooler temperatures and increased precipitation in the spring and fall and heavier precipitation and colder temperatures during winter (December to March).
- Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada's Canadian Climate Website.
- Mail Run prices and tour information.
- Tours and flights must be booked directly with airline.
- Harbour Air Seaplanes offers various tours from their Vancouver, Victoria and Whistler terminals.
- Harbour Air Seaplanes offers scheduled flights to coastal locations and Vancouver International Airport.
- Harbour Air Seaplanes’ terminals provide complimentary coffee, snacks, newspapers and Wi-Fi.
- Mail Run tours operate daily, year-round.
- June through September sees the least amount of rain.
- Whale sightings are most likely from May to October.
- View coastal mountains blanketed in snow from December to March.