- 4500 sq-km of terrain
- 22 handcrafted log chalets
- 1000 mountains at your disposal
First light beams over British Columbia’s Monashee and Cariboo Mountains—illuminating more than 4,500 sq-km of untracked ski terrain. Geared up and ready to ski, you fly above it all aboard a Bell 212 helicopter—soaring over pristine mountain peaks, sprawling glaciers and snowy forests. There are no chairlifts. No crowds. No tracks in this near-endless blanket of snow. You touch down atop a mountain peak, hop from the chopper, click into your bindings and descend into bliss—skiing thousands of metres of vertical, waist-deep in untouched powder.
This is Mike Wiegele Heli-Skiing—home of the world’s largest heli-ski area, 10 metres of average annual snowfall and a village of handcrafted luxury cabins. For snow-lovers, it is powder skiing perfection.
- Ski and snowboard through untracked powder snow—gliding over glaciers, carving across bowls and weaving through alpine forest.
- Experience drop-offs at more than 3,500 m of elevation; log more than 30,000 vertical m during a week of skiing.
- Safely soar in a heated and stable Bell 212 helicopter as you hop from mountain-to-mountain.
- Experience some of the world’s finest skiing and snowboarding under the watchful eye of experienced and helpful guides.
- Grow from being a powder-skiing newbie to an experienced powder-hound via world-class instruction; show off your extreme skills with an advanced ski or snowboard group.
- Dine on gourmet cuisine, sample from more than 600 different wines, socialize in the cozy Silver Buckle Lounge and enjoy an après ski massage.
- Relax in one of 22 handcrafted luxury log chalets or rent the serene Albreda Lodge for an private group experience.
- Heli-skiing tours must be booked directly with operator.
- Snow-cat, women-only and first-timer tours are available.
- Three, five, seven-day, custom-length and private/semi-private tours are available.
- The lodge boasts a ski shop and repair facility, boutique, fitness centre, games room, dining room, lounge, wine cellar, spa and more amenities on site.
- Season typically runs from early December through April.
- Albreda Lodge typically operates from late-December to April.
- Rates vary throughout the season.
- Summer heli-hiking, heli-biking, heli-picnic and retreat/event programs are also offered.
- Intermediate ski or snowboard skills are required; heli-skiing is a physically demanding sport.
- Ski equipment rentals are included; warm, waterproof, technical apparel is required.
- Restaurant and spa on-site; on-mountain hot lunch provided.
- Non-skiers are welcome—snowshoeing and cross-country skiing is also available.
- Skiers/snowboarders typically log 8 to 10 runs per day—totalling an average of 5,000-plus vertical metres daily.
- Mike Wiegele Heli Skiing is located in Blue River, BC.
- Blue River is located 230 km north of Kamloops; courtesy shuttle from the Kamloops Airport (YKA) is included with seven-day packages.
- Blue River is accessed by all-season Highway 5.
- Bus service is available; vehicle rentals are available at all major airports.