- 30-plus wineries participate in the festival events
- -08 degrees celsius picked icewine grapes
- 01 vine of grapes to produce a single bottle of icewine
Come celebrate the delectable harvest from Niagara's frozen vineyards. Made in only a few areas of the world, icewine is a specialty of the Niagara region and is the focus of the Niagara Icewine Festival, which takes place in mid-late January each year. Festival hosts in both Niagara-on-the-Lake and Jordan create glasses and even whole bars from carved ice, musicians entertain, and local chefs produce delicious accompaniments for the rare and precious icewine. Wineries offer icewine tastings and tours designed to showcase this quintessentially Niagaran delicacy.
- Sample Niagara's finest icewine and learn about its frigid production methods.
- Enjoy free entertainment both indoors and out at street parties in Niagara-on-the-Lake and Jordan.
- Learn about icewine pairing as you sample fine local Niagara cuisine.
- Visit local wineries to tour their facilities and sample the best from their frozen vineyards.
- The Niagara Icewine Festival is celebrated annually from mid to late January with numerous events.
- Events held at Niagara wineries as well as in the towns of Jordan and Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- On-site food & beverage.
- Free admission with food and wine for purchase.
- Wear warm clothing and boots to outdoor events.
- Must be 19 years of age or older to sample icewine.
- Events take place in Niagara-on-the-Lake and Jordan, both approximately 90 minutes drive from Toronto.
- Fly into Toronto's Pearson International Airport (YYZ) or Hamilton's International Airport (YHM).
- Both free and paid parking are available near both sites.
- Wineries offering special Icewine Festival events at their sites offer free parking.
- View current highway conditions and information on driving in Ontario.