- 25,000 km of coastline
- 35-m wooden yacht
- 04 comfortable staterooms
Embark on an adventure cruise of British Columbia's coast—tour pristine Pacific environments aboard a heritage yacht. Watch humpback and orca whales swim past as you savour a glass of BC wine on-deck. View coastal grizzly, black and Kermode (Spirit) bears in their natural habitats. Head ashore for rainforest day-hikes or mountain-bike excursions. Kayak through serene inlets cradled by snow-capped mountains. Savour sustainable seafood dinners. Sleep comfortably in an ocean-view stateroom. Set sail and explore BC’s Desolation Sound, Great Bear Rainforest or Gulf Islands aboard a stately wooden yacht. Pacific Yellowfin Charters puts you front-and-centre in an immersive exploration of BC’s marine areas—it is luxury cruising with West Coast flair.
Why you should visit
- Explore the BC coast aboard a 35-m heritage ship that has served duty as a Second World War mine planter, Cold War spy ship, marine research vessel and now as a luxury charter yacht.
- Embark on a cruise through, stopping for day-excursions at charming island outports for culinary and artisan tours.
- Discover the coast’s warmest waters in Desolation Sound—enjoying watersport excursions as well as day-hikes and picnics in rainforest environs.
- Sail through the Great Bear Rainforest’s marine areas—searching for the elusive Spirit Bear and impressive grizzlies, viewing wild orca and humpback whales and discovering Aboriginal totems hidden in the misty evergreens.
- Take advantage of the ship’s fleet of toys—mountain bikes, sea kayaks, 50cc motorcycles, motorboats, rowboats, tubes and even a 12-m inflatable waterslide.
- Savour gourmet coastal cuisine—crab, prawns and salmon—paired with fine BC wines; taste traditional foods at an authentic First Nations potlatch.
- Spot frolicking dolphins, soaring bald eagles, snorting sea lions, lively sea birds and more than 1,000 other unique marine life species.
- Relax in the onboard hot tub; sunbathe on the dual aft decks; socialize around the hand-carved Douglas fir salon table; sleep to the gentle rocking of the waves in one of four ocean-view staterooms.
- Expect mild to warm weather throughout the operating season (May through October). Average daily temperatures range from 10°C to 17°C, with warmer weather patterns on the south coast than on the north.
- Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada’s Canadian Climate Normals Website.
- Pacific Yellowfin Charters tour information.
- Pacific Yellowfin Charters sails BC’s Gulf Islands, Desolation Sound and Great Bear Rainforest.
- Reservations are required; book directly with operator.
- Special/custom tours are offered.
- Four styles of staterooms are available; cruise packages are all-inclusive.
When to go
- Operating season runs from May through October.
- Bear and whale watching in the Great Bear Rainforest is best in September and October.
- Wildlife viewing in Desolation Sound is optimum throughout the season.
- Whale and wildlife viewing the Gulf Islands is best from May to August.
- Humpback whales are commonly seen throughout the coast from July to October.
Need to know
- Cruises are family friendly; yacht is available for private charters.
- Yacht can accommodate up to 12 people for overnight cruises.
- Some cruising destinations are through remote, wilderness environments.
- Pacific Yellowfin Charters operates in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Certain activities, such as hiking, sea kayaking and mountain biking, are strenuous.
- Gulf Islands departure point is accessed via 25-minute floatplane flight from Vancouver International Airport.
- Desolation Sound departure point is accessed via one-hour flight from Vancouver International Airport.
- Great Bear Rainforest departure point is accessed via two-hour flight from Vancouver International Airport.
- Travel arrangements can be made through operator.
- View flight information for Vancouver International Airport.