- 140 years of tradition
- 60 minutes of pomp and ceremony
- 01 truly Canadian historical pageant
Witness an iconic pageant 140 years in the making. Listen to the beat of the snare drum and hear the bagpipes play. Watch Royal Canadian Mounted Police cadets—in full dress uniform—march in unison. Cheer as the cannons roar. Stand at attention as the flag is lowered, folded and retired for the night. Be a part of a true Canadian celebration, held weekly under the shining Prairie sun.
Welcome to Regina’s RCMP Heritage Centre, home to exhibits and displays illuminating the police force's storied history. This interactive museum brings to life Canada’s most esteemed institution, culminating in summertime’s weekly Sunset Retreat Ceremony; a spirited musical march of those famous scarlet tunics and big black boots.
- Experience one of Regina’s premier summertime events: the RCMP Sunset Retreat Ceremony, a pageant marking the end of the training day at the nearby RCMP Training Centre and commemorating the history of Canada’s Mounties.
- Watch police cadets marching in formation—all wearing their world-famous scarlet tunics, black boots and signature hats.
- Discover the RCMP Heritage Centre and wander historical exhibits housed within a statuesque building designed by renowned architect, Arthur Erickson.
- Learn the story of Canada’s most revered and romanticized law enforcement officers; experience modern interactive exhibits of DNA examination and fingerprinting.
- View famous historical items, such as Louis Riel's handcuffs; learn how Canada’s Aboriginal peoples helped with the formation of the RCMP.
- See 32 well-trained horses on parade during the RCMP Musical Ride; embark on a cinematic “tour of duty” via informative and engaging film presentations.
- RCMP Heritage Centre information.
- RCMP Heritage Centre hours & admission prices; Sunset Retreat Ceremony is free-of-charge to attend.
- Centre is open year-round, seven days per week; holiday closures apply.
- Centre features a restaurant & gift shop.
- See special exhibitions & events throughout the year.
- The Sunset Retreat Ceremony is held every Tuesday from July 1 (inclusive) until mid-August.
- Ceremony begins at 6:00 p.m.; visitors are encouraged to arrive 30 minutes early.
- Rain cancellations may occur; contact centre for current information.
- The Heritage Centre is open year round and other events may coincide with your visit.
- Ceremony is approximately 60 minutes in duration.
- Ceremony is all-ages appropriate and family friendly.
- Seating is not provided; guests may bring blankets and lawn chairs.
- RCMP Heritage Centre is wheelchair accessible; bilingual (French and English) service is available upon request.