- 135,000 acre lake
- 24 feeder streams
- 50 pound trout
For some of Canada’s most legendary catch-and-release fishing, head to fly-in-only Selwyn Lake Lodge in the wilds of Saskatchewan’s far north. The opportunity for unparalleled trophy fishing every day of your stay is a safe bet up here. Tales of monster northern pike, immense lake trout and feisty arctic grayling ring true on this lake. You’ll find the catch rate as impressive as the size of the fish, thanks to so much water and so few anglers.
Selwyn Lake Lodge itself is all luxury—a delight to return to after a hard day of casting. Ease sore muscles with a soothing hot stone massage. Indulge in gourmet meals complemented by fine wines. Banter about the day’s catch in the cozy lounge, replete with stone fireplace and fine leather sofas. Drift off to sleep in your private cabin, dreaming of tomorrow’s catch.
- Battle for trophy fish: northern pike, lake trout and arctic grayling at this luxurious fly-in fishing lodge.
- The fish are legendary, but so is the food, whether it’s homemade cinnamon buns at breakfast, beer-battered fish at lunch or gourmet extravaganzas at dinner.
- Hike though the boreal forest of Common Island and reconnect with nature at the 60th parallel.
- After a day of brawling with monsters, indulge in a rejuvenating deep tissue or hot stone massage at the lodge’s Common Island Spa.
- Bed down at night in total comfort in one of 10 cozy suites, each with a full, private bathroom.
- Head for an even more remote location on a day’s fly-out excursion to do epic battle with northern pike.
- Head via floatplane to the Athabasca Sand Dunes, one of the world’s most northerly major dune fields, or to view Saskatchewan’s largest waterfall, Hunt Falls.
- Northern Saskatchewan summers (mid-June through August) are usually warm and dry with temperatures averaging between 15°C and 24°C. Nights can be cool. No matter the prevailing conditions, pack a high-quality rain suit and waterproof boots.
- Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada's Canadian Climate Website.
- Find out about Selwyn Lake Lodge’s four or eight-day packages.
- There is a large selection of fishing tackle for purchase at the lodge’s tackle shop.
- Selwyn Lake Lodge offers longer stays, group and private fishing packages, as well as remote packages.
- You might be in one of the world’s more remote areas, but you can still stay in touch: the lodge has free, high-speed wi-fi.
- Selwyn Lake Lodge is open to fishing guests mid-June through August.
- A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 is required at the time of booking.
- Four-day and eight-day packages start and end on different days each month.
- Guests are required to practice catch and release on all fish caught in Selwyn Lake waters except for fish caught for shore lunch.
- The lodge has a large supply of top-quality rods and reels available for use. Tackle is available for purchase at the lodge.
- As the lake straddles both Saskatchewan and Northwest Territories, you will need a Saskatchewan fishing licence and NWT fishing licence.
- Fly-out fishing and day excursions are not included in the package price.
- Selwyn Lake Lodge is located in northern Saskatchewan, 600 km north of Saskatoon. It is fly-in only.
- Most major airlines offer daily non-stop flights from various cities in Canada and the US to the Saskatoon International Airport (YXE).
- A representative will meet you upon your arrival at the Saskatoon Airport and take you to the hotel. At 4:30am the following morning, you will be taken to the Selwyn Lake Lodge hangar where you will fly by private air charter to Stony Rapids. From there you will travel by floatplane to the lodge.