- 146 World Premieres
- 372 feature films
- 34 screens used
Indulge in your love of cinema from around the world. Be among the first to see the next award winning and blockbuster movies at the world's most influential film festival. Experience the best independent films from all over the globe. Come face-to-face with silver-screen celebrities and up and coming stars. Immerse yourself in the electrifying air of excitement that surrounds the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
Choose from hundreds of films shown over 10 days. Get sneak previews of critically acclaimed international movies, including features, shorts, documentaries, animated films. Rub shoulders with industry icons, hot newcomers and celebrities. Party with the stars at glittering galas and after hours events.
Budding filmmaker? Gain insight into the fundamentals of the business and craft from seasoned industry professionals. Have a documentary to market? Network and hold casual meetings with potential buyers, producers and sales agents. Want yearlong movie buff bragging rights? Tell your friends you were there during 10 days that shook the cinema world.
- Be a part of the world's most successful and influential film festival.
- Choose from over 300 films.
- Discover emerging talent.
- Be first to view future Hollywood releases.
- See who’s getting the early Oscar buzz.
- Experience the glitz of the red carpet.
- Enjoy dinner and a drink just a few tables away from a star.
- For autographs, stake out the streets by the Four Seasons and The Sutton Place Hotel.
- Get to say you were among the first to see the latest critics' darling or blockbuster.
- Spend time in cosmopolitan Toronto during the loveliest month of the year there.
- During TIFF Toronto often experiences beautiful clear weather, averaging between 20°C and 9°C. Pack clothing that can be layered. Pack your t-shirts, but just be sure to have a sweater or jacket on hand.
- Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada's Canadian Climate Website.
- TIFF runs for 10 days in mid-September. Check the official TIFF website for exact dates.
- TIFF also has year-round programming, exhibits and special events.
- TIFF allows the public access to films in a way no other festival of its stature does.
- Many clubs, bars and lounges around Bell Lightbox are open until 4:00am. They also hold special parties.
- Many restaurants offer 15% discounts if you are a ticket holder.
- Be sure to arrive at least 1 hour before the screening.
- Many different ticket packages are available. You either get to choose your own movies or TIFF will send you random tickets.
- Gala tickets are the most in-demand as they are high-profile, star-studded events.
- Most TIFF screenings take place at theatres in the heart of downtown Toronto, including the BELL Lightbox.
- The subway is an inexpensive and convenient way to get around town.
- Access via public transit on a GO bus or GO Train.
- Taxis are available to and from just about anywhere.
- Near-by parking is usually available.