- 04 courses of delicious food
- 09 stories of culinary creativity
- 02 hours of tantalizing fun
Take a two-hour stroll around the highlights of Vancouver's sizzling street food scene. Your guide - a passionate foodie - brimming with behind-the-scenes stories, ready to grant you insider access to the city's top curbside culinary talents. Enjoy a delicious moveable feast as you walk the downtown core and sample the finest bites that Vancouver's world-class gourmet street food has to offer.
Taste Berkshire pork Terimayo at the city’s own Japanese-style hot dog cart, nibble naan fresh from a built-in tandoor oven, savour wild salmon that’s smoked daily and delight in two-bite fried rice balls. Eat your way around a world of multi-cultural flavours with like-minded foodies. Discover that in Vancouver, the most important ingredients are always locally-grown, seasonal, free-range and organic.
• Meet like-minded foodies on a sociable culinary adventure.
• Be inspired by Vancouver's eco-vision which infuses every menu with elements of fresh, local, seasonal and organic goodness!
• Taste the world from Japanese-style hot dogs and Indian butter chicken to a bite of Pacific North West cuisine with daily-smoked wild salmon.
• Uncover the history of the city's food cart scene and learn how Vancouver transformed itself into Canada's gourmet street food capital.
• Get the inside scoop from owners and chefs, meet the talent behind the trucks.
• Take home recipes from top truck chefs and enjoy exclusive discounts from select outlets throughout your stay.
• Vancouver has a year-round temperate climate. Summer (June to September) sees warm and dry weather, with increased precipitation in the spring and fall and infrequent snowfall and heavier precipitation during winter (December to March).
• Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada's Canadian Climate Website.
• Hours and admission prices tickets for all tours must be purchased at least two hours in advance from operator.
• Tours accommodate up to 15 people.
• Tours operate Monday-Saturday between April-November.
• Tours are wheelchair-accessible.
• July and August are the warmest months.
• Tours operate Monday-Saturday between April-November. Additional Saturday tours run between May-October.
• Tours include several tastings so arrive feeling hungry.
• Wear comfortable walking shoes, over the two hours you'll walk around 1 mile (1.6km).
• No special fitness level needed, the tour takes a leisurely pace.
• Children are welcome.
• Pack an umbrella, Vancouver can surprise you with a rain shower at any time.