- 03 hours north of Québec City
- 813 people call the community home
- 400 years of communing with incredible wildlife
Take a three-hour cruise up the Saguenay-St. Lawrence River to a charming, historic French-Canadian town. Hear the tales of the river from a naturalist guide who knows the waters well. Peek out at minke whales, humpback whales and three species of seals. Step inside and watch the marine life beneath you thanks to an underwater camera. Meet the Innu people of the area and learn of their history tied to the land. Relax at the landmark hotel on Tadoussac Bay. Savour the chef's regional specialties: caribou and morel mushroom pot pie, followed by maple mousse on shortbread with blueberry tile crisp and Chicoutai syrup. Explore the dunes on foot or take the free ferry across the Saguenay River to see the Fjords. Never cease to be amazed. Find yourself reminiscing about the moment you saw that beluga whale surface for the first time over and over again.
- Keep your eyes wide open as a beluga whale surfaces.
- Spend the night in a historic landmark hotel; watch minke whales from the window of your hotel room.
- Follow the tracks of real adventurers on a zodiac tour.
- Discover why Tadoussac Bay is a member of the Most Beautiful Bays in the World.
- Smell the fresh sea air and take in the rugged French-Canadian coastline and culture.
- Take a free ferry across the Saguenay River, set out on foot to explore the dunes rurrounding the bay, admire the view of the Saguenay Fjord.
- July is warmest with an average temperature of 22°C, but you can expect fairly warm weather throughout the season. The temperatures at night are cooler than during daytime. August is on average the month with most sunshine.
- Discover local weather information.
- Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada's Canadian Climate Website.
- Plan to spend at least one night to take advantage of the sightseeing available in the area.
- There are opportunities for all fitness skill levels.
- Tadoussac is 3 hours north of Québec City and fairly remote so be sure to stock up on any specific items you may want to have with you before heading out.
- Tadoussac is a village in Quebec, Canada, at the confluence of the Saint Lawrence and Saguenay rivers. It is about three hours north of Québec City.
- You can fly into the Québec City International Airport (YQB) and rent a car to get to Tadoussac. Tadoussac is north off of Rte 138 along scenic landscapes.
- Or travel by bus to Tadoussac from Montréal or Québec City.