- 10 days of concerts & events
- 08 ski & snowboard competitions
- 07 arts showcases
Once every year, elite freestyle skiers and snowboarders, eclectic artists, engaging filmmakers and photographers and talented musical acts all come together for a multi-day, multi-faceted world-class mountainside event. Welcome to the World Ski & Snowboard Festival—Whistler turned up full-volume.
For 10 days and nights in April, the resort town of Whistler hosts its annual celebration of everything core to mountain culture: sports, arts and music. Watch athletes soar through the sky during high-flying, high-speed international competition. Dance ‘til the wee hours at lively nightclub venues. Attend fashion shows and film festivals. See live outdoor concerts every evening. Ski and snowboard on two massive mountains. Stay true the World Ski & Snowboard Festival's motto: “Party in April. Sleep in May.”
- Be amazed at Monster Energy Big Air—watch in awe as skiers and snowboarders launch through the sky off a spectacularly massive jump.
- Witness the world’s best freestyle skiers compete in Slopestyle, Big Air and Superpipe events; see snowboarders compete for their share of a purse at events of The Shred Show.
- View films created during the Olympus 72-Hour Filmmaker Showdown—competitors are charged to shoot, edit and produce a three-to-five-minute film in three days and within 100-km of Whistler.
- Immerse in mountain culture with Fashion Exposed, an energetic fashion-meets-function event showcasing edgy ski and snowboard style—then vote for your favourite freestyle photographer at the Olympus Pro Photographer Showdown.
- See talented subcultural artists showcase their creations at State of the Art; watch ski and snowboard action-filmmakers compete for top prize at Intersection.
- Catch big-name music acts every night at the free-of-charge Outdoor Concert Series; hop club-to-club for exciting nightlife and small-venue concerts throughout Whistler.
- See the talented canines of Whistler Dogfest show-off at agility competitions and demonstrations.
- Test out the latest ski and snowboard gear at the on-mountain Demo Park.
- Expect cool to cold weather with frequent snowfall in Whistler during April. Average daily temperatures in town are approximately 6°C, with below-freezing temperatures common at night and on the mountain.
- Discover local weather information. Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada's Canadian Climate Website.
- The World Ski & Snowboard Festival is held in April of each year.
- Festival events run throughout both the daytime and evening.
- Whistler Blackcomb’s ski /snowboard season generally runs from November through May.
- Ensure you reserve accommodation ahead-of-time during festival dates.
- Most events are no-cost to attend; many events are all-ages.
- Nightclub and pub venues are for adults (19-plus) only.
- Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort is fully operational for skiing and snowboarding during this time.
- Ski and snowboard lessons and rentals are available.