- 200 - plus wineries in Niagara region.
- 35 in a group can enjoy this culinary adventure.
- 05, 02 and 01-day cooking class experiences.
Niagara, the very heart of one of Ontario's richest agricultural and wine production areas, is the perfect location for a culinary school. Located within Strewn, an estate winery, the Wine Country Cooking school offers recreational cooks the chance to explore the relationships between food and wine.
Each lesson is a love affair with Niagara's local, seasonal ingredients paired with aromatic Strewn-VQA wines. Roll up your sleeves as your instructor guides you through themed three-course menus at the Wine Country Cooking School, Canada’s first and only winery culinary school, located minutes from Niagara-on-the-Lake in Ontario’s world-renowned wine-growing region.
- Learn how to match each course with a vino.
- Capture the intensity of garden-fresh herbs in your dishes.
- Enjoy a two-day cooking class that includes visits to the region’s top growers or a tutored wine tasting at Strewn Winery, where you can master the whirl and sniff.
- Learn to design your own gourmet menus with that “wow” factor. Seasonal, sizzling and sexy—discover the three “S’s” of culinary lessons at Wine Country Cooking School.
- Niagara's weather is moderated by two Great Lakes – Lake Erie and Lake Ontario – and is warmest from June-mid-September, often reaching highs from 25°C - 30°C. Fall and spring weather is mild, and winter weather – from November until April – can be snowy though rarely frigid.
- Discover local weather information, Research local weather patterns at Environment Canada's Canadian Climate Website.
- Strewn Winery, in Niagara-on-the-Lake is open year round.
- Wine Country Cooking School class schedules.
- Classes are offered throughout the year.
- July and August bring the warmest weather.
- In September and October, enjoy the brilliant autumn foliage and the abundance of harvest produce.
- Choose from one-day classes, two-day culinary weekends or five-day cooking weeks.
- Accommodation is available at several local inns and hotels.
- Strewn Winery is a 15-minute drive from the heart of Niagara-on-the-Lake.