Canada hosts numerous embassies, consulates and high commissions that provide assistance to foreign travellers. If you need help with documentation (e.g., replacing a lost passport or extending a visa) or dealing with legal, medical or emergency matters, contact your country's diplomatic mission or consular office in Canada.

US Travellers to Canada - Contacting a US Consulate in Canada

American travellers can access information and services regarding passports, foreign births, customs requirements, taxes and social security by contacting a US consulate in Canada or by calling 1-800-529-4410 (toll free) from the US. To search for US embassies, consulates and diplomatic missions in Canada, visit the U.S. Department of State website.    

International Travellers to Canada - Contacting your Consulate in Canada

To search a directory of consular offices across Canada by country of origin, visit the Foreign Affairs Canada website.